What the kids are talking about…
Our current ShalomLearning value is B’tzelem Elohim (in the image of God). This unit explores how we can honor the image of God in ourselves and in others by how we act and behave.
Keep the Conversation Going…
Read the two Hassidic stories from “Who Are You?” by Erica Brown and discuss the following questions:
- What were the insults to “God’s images” that these two stories illustrate?
- How do you understand (in practice) the quote from Rabbi Arthur Green?
- What can block us from seeing the B’tzelem Elohim in the people in our family?
- What are some things we can do to see the B’tzelem Elohim in our family?
- How would viewing each other in that way enrich our relationships?